RIGGING SERVICES STANDARD PRACTICES
Accurate technical information must be provided in advance to allow Everlast Productions Rigging the best possible opportunity to assure your event’s success. Everlast Productions is dedicated to event safety, including all items attached to the production truss or the structure of the building in any event or meeting space.
To guarantee the success of your event, accurate correct technical information must be provided prior to the Everlast Productions rigging team. Everlast Productions holds itself to the highest levels of safety and quality, especially for such a specific technical component that requires a high level of attention to successfully execute.
- Fill out the online form located on Everlast Productions website, under Logistics, also located HERE. All submissions should be made at least 25 days prior to the scheduled load-in. Events scheduled with less than 25 days’ notice may incur additional charges. For additional details on pricing, please reach out to your Everlast representative.
- There will be a charge per submission for a comprehensive safety review by our Rigging Coordinator. This review verifies point load calculations, staffing and equipment needs, and CAD support to provide feedback on the initial rigging plot. Further CAD assistance is available for an additional charge. No quotes can be provided prior to submission and approval of the plot by the Rigging Coordinator. Please note, should a resubmission be required, this may incur additional charges.
- Rigging plots must contain all flown equipment, it must include a reflective ceiling plan with hang-points. The Rigging Coordinator will provide you with our CAD file as your design template once the online form has been received.
- All drawings must be submitted through the online form in one of the following formats: .dwg. .dxf, or .vwx. Arrangements can be made to transfer larger files using different methods if needed. Please contact your Everlast representative for assistance with this. Hard copies will be accepted at a scale of no smaller than 1/8″:1′-0″. Hard copy submissions will incur additional fees for digitization.
RIGGING EQUIPMENT STANDARDS
- Everlast caries to chain hoists, attachment hardware, rigged truss, airwall hanging, ground supported truss structures (indoors and/or outdoors), scissor lifts, and others.
- A scissor lift is required for all rigging calls. Please check with your Everlast representative to determine if Everlast-provided lifts are available for rent. All lifts used in the venue must have non-marking tires in good condition.
- If utilizing an Everlast-owned lift, operators must present documentation verifying active scissor lift operation certification and complete a liability waiver. The liability waiver can be downloaded HERE. Forms must be submitted to your Everlast representative prior to or on pick-up of equipment.
- Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed inside the venue. All lifts must be free of trash/debris and in good working order.
- All lifts must be returned to Everlast in the same working order they were received in. All lifts must be cleaned of any trash or debris. Should a lift be returned damaged or dirty, additional charges will be incurred.
- Scissor-lift rental pricing is subject to availability and should be confirmed a minimum of 14 days prior to your event. All prices are subject to change without notice.
- Should venue damage occur while using any lift at the fault of either the lift operator or those working with the lift operator, you will be billed directly for the damages from the venue.
- All flown equipment and materials must meet American National Standards Institute (ANSI) guidelines and be approved by Everlast Productions.
- A steel safety backup is required on all suspended items.
- Rigging hardware must be rated for overhead use and forged if possible (wire rope clips, eyebolts, etc.) unless approved by Everlast Productions. General hardware (nuts and bolts) should be Grade 5 or better.
- Many ballrooms are equipped with specific rigging points with various load ratings. Please refer to the facility CAD files for the exact locations of the rigging points and ratings.
- Please verify with your Everlast Representative if airwall hanging is permitted.
- All connections to the ceiling, airwall track, or supporting structure of the venue must be made by the local union.
- Flown equipment may only be moved by Everlast riggers once approved by the on-site Everlast lead. Adjustments to any flown equipment will only be done under the supervision of Everlast Productions.
- Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment without Everlast rigging oversight.
- Excluding known, vetted aerial performance acts, under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk, or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling. Aerial performances require additional documentation, including additional terms and conditions, waivers, and specialized insurance certificates. Please contact your Everlast representative if your event involves an aerial performance.
Everlast Productions ON-SITE PRACTICES
- Late schedule changes or changes to the previously approved and submitted CAD plot may result in additional charges.
- Approved riggers will make all connections to the ceiling and will assist your staff in lower equipment attachments. Please contact your Everlast representative for clarification of what services and equipment Everlast offers.
- Everlast will not “dead hang” items over 100lbs or 10’ in length with a scissor lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
- If cable bundles exceed four socapex or other similar multi-cables, a cable bridge truss is required. Please contact your Everlast representative for additional information.
- All rigging crews will consist of a minimum of one rigging lead and two riggers. The overall number of riggers and equipment required for your event will be determined by Everlast Productions and the local union representative.
- Rigging calls have required minimums that are dictated by the local market that your event is occurring in. Please contact your Everlast representative for further details.
- For all décor items, including scenic elements, Everlast requires general construction details, a full materials list, appropriate through-bolted attachment points with a 5:1 minimum safety factor, and pictures of all suspended décor items and their attachment methods. All rigging hardware must be rated for overhead lifting and suspension. General hardware must be Grade 5 or better.
- For manufactured décor items, Everlast may require manufacturer specification drawings.
- The onsite rigging staff may deny suspending any item that deviates from the information given, specified weight, or is constructed in an unsafe manner.
- Everlast reserves the right to refuse the hanging of any damaged items or any items that are deemed “unsafe” by the on-site team. Labor charges will still be incurred.
- As the sign/scenery/décor supplier, it is ultimately your responsibility to provide a safe product to your customers and their attendees.
- All electric cables and connections must be UL rated for the amperage capacity required for safe operation and must conform to all local codes.
- All material used must be non-flammable and must conform to the fire regulations of the Fire Marshall.
Everlast Productions is committed to providing a safe working and event environment for our venue partners and guests. If it is determined that your hardware does not meet industry standards and requirements for safe work and overhead lifting, you will be asked to replace or repair any affected items, which may incur additional charges.
RIGGING SUBMISSION PROCESS
- To schedule Rigging Services, please visit: Everlastproductions.com/rigging-form
- By submitting your rigging request electronically, it will go directly into our rigging system, ensuring a prompt response and follow-up tracking.
- An Everlast Rigging Coordinator will review your information and forward the approved request to the appropriate on-site Everlast team member. An Everlast representative will then forward a rigging estimate for your review and signature along with verification of your proposed rigging plot.
*Ask your representative for full details regarding labor rates, which can vary based on complexity and time of operation. All Everlast Productions solutions may be subject to property administrative fees. Equipment prices do not reflect labor charges, which may apply. All rates are subject to applicable sales tax.
Special Conditions: Holidays: labor rates may vary based on holidays. There is a mandatory 1-hour meal break every five (5) hours. The number of crew members required for a call will be determined exclusively by Everlast Productions and the local union representative. All prices and rates are subject to change. On-site staff cannot change call times. If less than twenty-four (24) hour notice is given, additional labor costs will be incurred.